Bucket trucks are mainly used in heavy industries and one can spot them along the roadsides without much trouble. For instance, you can see people doing work at heights or repairing telephone connections on poles or fixing something at heights. If this is so then you have seen a bucket truck.
Bucket truck is used to lift workers to places at heights.
These trucks come in a number of shapes and sizes just to make-work easy.Bucket trucks are used in many different purposes but the most common is power lineman. With the use of these types of additional equipments, they can complete work in less time. Bucket trucks are very safe for people who work at severe heights.
The design given to the bucket truck includes a storage bin, which is capable of holding tools, instruments and material required by the worker.
To provide extra stability some bucket trucks are specifically designed with single or double arm outrigger jacks. Some designs are operated by the auxiliary engine, which is placed on the back section of the bucket truck, while some of them powered by actual truck engine.
One must keep in mind that the bucket truck makes work easier, comfortable, and safe and it is easy to operate but still it is heavy equipment that requires a proper handling. It requires a very minimum maintenance.
Bucket trucks come under OSHA standard guidelines, which must be followed for the safety.
Here are some important guidelines how to use a bucket truck conveniently:
· The bucket truck can be constructed of fiberglass, reinforced plastic, metal, or wood. The truck should be used to elevate employees to any job site located above ground.
· Controls must be clearly and visibly marked and defined by function.
· Bucket trucks may be modified for use other than the intended use but only if the manufacturer or equal authority receives approval to the modification in writing.
· Load and distribution should always be checked to make sure they fall within the manufacturer's recommendations.
· The brakes must be set.
· Bucket trucks should not be driven if employees are there in the bucket.
· Controls should be tested every day prior to the bucket truck being used.
· The lower controls should not be operated without the permission of the employee in the bucket expect in the case of an emergency.
· Any employee operating the bucket truck must wear appropriate protective gear at all times including safety boots, safety goggles, gloves, a hardhat, etc. to protect from falling objects.
For the business owners, the key to safety is training. If one will operate the bucket truck using OSHA guidelines, this piece of heavy equipment can provide yearlong support with minimum maintenance expenditure.
Article Source: http://www.articledashboard.
Robinson writes on many subjects. For more info on bucket trucks visit used bucket trucks.For further quality articles try balloon delivery service. .
By: Jake M. Robinson -